If you have many products like above 500 or many products in multiple categories, the full catalog may stop rendering and gives you a 500 / 504 error. However the category catalog still works (of course dependent on the amount of products inside a category).
So if you want to create the full catalog with many products, you need full server access and your server should have a good configuration. Do not try it on a 512mb RAM cloud server. But before optimizing your server you can try changing our plugin configuration.
- Disable Variations (looping through all variations is a huge task)
- Disable QR Codes (Generation & Rendering takes time)
- Disable product Gallery Images OR set a smaller Gallery image size type (e.g. thumbnail)
- Set small Product Images & Category Image Size Types (e.g. shop_catalog image size)
- Turn on Performance Options
- Use Images Locally
- Enable Caching
- plus the rest
- Decrease Cover Image sizes
- Switch to PHP8 if you haven’t yet
- Increase memory_limit in php.ini
(if you see errors like Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 54 bytes)
- Increase max_execution_time in php.ini
(if you see errors like PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in ..)
- Increase fastcgi_read_timeout in nginx / apache
(if you get a 504 error)
- Look into your error logs …
nginx: fastcgi_read_timeout 600 php: max_execution_time 600 memory_limit 512MB
With this config we were able to create a catalog with more than 500 pages. 370 products assigned to multiple categories.