Solve Customers Problems with Unique Features
Some have little to no familiarity with design software or how much goes into developing WordPress Themes, PHP scripts or any other type of digital products. Which is why you need a good-looking demo to showcase your product that is not only easy to use but one that will consequently, increase the sale of your products.
You first need to test your PHP scripts locally to find out if you have adequate space on a web server which supports it. One of the most important roles of a good plugin onboard process is to engage WordPress users. In order to draw sales and to create a marketable plugin on CodeCanyon it needs to be novel, exciting to use and one that can solve one or more fundamental problems many WordPress users face.
Create an excellent plugin product page
The idea is not to be redundant or wordy when giving the customer all the information they need to know! Why the plugin is right even functional to them and is better than your competitor. A few key things must apply when creating an excellent plugin product page:
- have a demo where WordPress users can see it firsthand in action and how to use it
- the plugin description must be relevant, catchy and easy to read
- include brandings such as custom graphics and company logo
- recored a short video explaining how the plugin works
- highlight important functions such as clear screenshot images of the front and back-end
- Customers to your website should be able to explore all the details of the plugin through detailed documentation on the product page
- have support options where customers can ask pre and post-sale questions and also include a Q&A and FAQ section that has concise instructions on plugin installation, customization, and use
Demo Video & Content Marketing
Being able to see a plugin in action through a video demo and creative content marketing is one of the most effective ways of driving traffic to a plugin and building a bigger personal and business brand that will get recognized by others.
Embedding a compelling video on your landing page that can be played with animated GIFs or A/B testing thumbnails can capture attention and is a surefire way to make it clear what action your users should take. Which is why it is important to leverage calls-to-action within your video demo to set a clear next step for customers to take and consequently, direct them to more content they might find relevant enough to take action such as sharing the video with others, downloading it, making a purchase, or filling out a form at the end of the demo video.
Content is also key, and it is prudent to source and share quality, original and most importantly, relevant and useful content that not only improves the credibility of your product but also as an excellent way to foster connections on your WordPress site.
Reviews and ratings
When looking to sell your plugins on CodeCanyon, setting up a demo page is not enough, you should also focus on the reviews and ratings. They are the most important sources of information during the customer buying process. Retention in a world of growing skepticism about the veracity of online information.
Consumers crave authentic feedback, and it’s not surprising that many brands big or small miss the opportunity to harness ratings and reviews because they regard them as less important in the buying process. Managing customer ratings and reviews is not only a prerequisite to drive customer engagement but also a free publicity for your plugin. When feedback is negative it gives you a chance to respond quickly for sequential people reading that review as an effective way to maintain or restore a reputation of professionalism.
How to get Ratings:
- Ask customers after you solved a problem to leave a rating if they like
- Good & Fast customer Support
- Send out Email Newsletter to customers who bought your product
- Create giveaways (free plugin) for users who rate your plugin
Update plugins constantly
While WordPress was originally developed as a free open source platform for blogging, today, it is one of the most sort-after content management systems (CMS). For businesses around the world that allows developers to use its readily available source code to create plugins and themes that integrate with the software.
This code is easily accessible to hackers and to counter this, updating your plugins regularly means that you are not susceptible hacking. Moreover your WordPress is armed with current updates that are rich with various features and functions that can fix bugs and security vulnerabilities. It is recommended to constantly review your plugins and themes and do away with the ones that you don’t use because the less code you have, the less likely you are to get hacked. Keeping plugins updated regularly can seem like an arduous task, but it can be accomplished in the following ways:
- Have your site on automatic backup
- Check the release changelog to see the available and relevant update changes
- Always test the new updates on a development site before installing them so that if anything goes wrong, you can troubleshoot before updating your site
- Review updates and when in doubt ask help from WordPress maintenance experts
So at the end of this whats important to increase your sales:
- Create a product that solves customers problems
- Unique features
- Working Frontend & Backend Demo
- Demo Video
- Content Marketing
- Customer Support (be fast & reliable)
- Ratings & Reviews
- Appealing Design
- In depth Documentation & FAQs
Good Luck with sales!